Sunday, April 1, 2007

MarineBio.org


As I was searching the Internet to find something to write about in my blog, i came across this really cool website MarineBIO.org, and was Reading some of the articles. It has really interesting links about marine species, marine conservation, global warming, sustainable fisheries and then I came across another link about marine endangered species. I started looking through the list and I was absolutely shocked at the number of endangered species are listed on the ICUN red list. There are over 1,300 endangered marine species ranging from whales, dolphins, manatees and dugongs, salmon, seabirds, sea turtles, and sharks. It is amazing how this is all happening around us and a lot of people don't even have a clue about it. I know that I didn't know that there was that many marine species on the endangered list. I think governments and scientist should really start doing something today before those species go from being endangered to extinct. If there is mass extinctions in the oceans, then it will not only cause problems in the oceans, but for us on land too.

No comments: